Sunday 11 March 2012

How to fix double posts in our blog

Hooooraaay!!!
It's worked now ^^9

You know what? In the last two days i've been tried to fix my blog layout. It was started when i tried to customize my Blog Template.I've found 2-3 templates from free sites, and i thought it was good and cool to be used in my blog.



Then i tried to upload the new template. But unfortunately, it was not so cool and quite suitable as i've expected. So, I decided to remove it and still keep the previous template setting. Since that time, suddenly the blog post became double. Yup, i have two posts with same content in my own blog! And it's obviously disturbing the eyes (>.<")

Then, after brain tweaking and googling, i've found the solution for this problem (say Alhamdulillah). Since it's worked for me, so i'd like to share it with all of you. Here it goes:

1) Open Dashboard --> Design --> Edit HTML
2) No need to checklist Expand Widget Template
3) Find the XML script like sample below:  
<b:widget id='Blog1' locked='true' title='Blog Posts' type='Blog'/>
That is the script for your main post. All you have to do is to find the other which is have similar script (the second post problem). You may use Ctrl+F to make it more easily to find (use keyword "b:widget" for searching). In my case, the result is below: 
<b:widget id='Blog11' locked='true' title='Blog Posts' type='Blog'/>  
 

4) Remove the second script from XML (one row script)
5) Preview and Saved the template
6) Make sure you're using the Old Blogger Interface, otherwise it doesn't work


7) View your own blog to ensure the problem is solved

I believe this is only small blog problem that anyone can handle easily. 
But since I'm a newbie, so i think it's an exception for me. Hehehe :D
Hopefully useful!

Note:
Always saved your current template before upload the new one guys!  
Have a nice try :)


SlimShandy | Just my two cents

No comments:

Post a Comment